Founded in 2014 to create a community that bridges the design/development gap, Designers Who Code has grown to more than 2,000 members and has hosted events in partnership with companies like Adobe, Heroku, and Zurb.
We aim to host a minimum of one event per month that directly benefit and engage the local design/development community.
- All events and actions of the group should give back to the community and provide a net benefit to everyone involved.
- Events should not be put on to solely promote your own product/conference/etc - there’s naturally an undeniable amount of self-promotion in
- Anyone interested in organizing an event is encouraged to do so! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with details on what you’re thinking to get the conversation started.
- Scheduling should avoid conflicting with events from similar communities whenever possible. We want to not only build our own community, but avoid competing with others in our local community.
- Funds from paid events will be used for the following purposes and will be transparently logged in a Google spreadsheet: (a) compensation for paid speakers/workshops, (b) Renting event space and equipment, (c) purchasing event drinks and/or food, (d) paying any fees for accounts/services directly related to the group, including but not limited to Meetup.com’s twice annual fee (approx. $90 at time of this writing) and hosting/licensing fees related to the dwc.io website.
- All members/attendees should be respectful and constructive towards one-another, even when being critical is necessary.
- Group organizers will aim to be as transparent as possible to members whenever possible.